Personal experiences on the Camino de Santiago: Catalina’s adventure
Catalina is a teenager from Santiago de Compostela, who has recently moved to Canada, where she is studying. Curiously enough, right before moving to the other side of the Atlantic Ocean and starting such an exciting adventure, she lived another special experience with her grandfather. They decided to walk the Camino de Santiago, as a farewell meeting. A genuine journey, 100 km walking towards their home town. Let’s learn a bit more about their experience on the French Way.
You are from Santiago de Compostela, why did you decide to walk the Camino?
- 1 You are from Santiago de Compostela, why did you decide to walk the Camino?
- 2 Who walked with you on this adventure?
- 3 Which route did you choose?
- 4 What did you enjoy the most?
- 5 And the worst?
- 6 Which was the most valuable lesson you learnt on the Camino de Santiago?
- 7 Any anecdote on the way?
- 8 Would you give any recommendations to other pilgrims planning to walk the Camino?
I have always wanted to walk the Camino de Santiago. I thought it would be a good idea to finally do it before moving to Canada. This experience represents and defines the town where I was born, Santiago de Compostela.